April 22 & 23, 2022
Now it’s time to register for the state convention at Kent State University.
Join us for three important things:
- 50 or more learning sessions, everything from writing to photography, photography to broadcast, print to social media, journalism to public relations to film. That’s Friday afternoon, April 22. We’ll send you a draft program at least a week before the convention.
- Then, Friday evening we’ll host the banquet. Enjoy a buffet with plenty to eat, a keynoter you will enjoy (name to be released in late March), and a chance to receive kudos for what went well and suggestions on how to keep improving your student media. Your publication’s name — and YOURS — can be up on the screen at the awards banquet so everyone can cheer.
- Also, if you live far away and want to make this into an overnight stay, we’ll provide you with a list of reliable motels and hotels, and, Saturday, April 23 you can meet as a staff with a top journalism education facilitator to work with your staff on just what YOU want and need to know.
Deadline for registration is Friday, March 18, 2022. We need a fairly accurate idea of how many will join us at that time. The University currently requires masks at all times on campus unless actively eating or with a medical or religious exemption or while actively earting.
- Be sure you have a current membership. That’s $75 for your school, and it covers the cost of entries from all your student media. You can pay by credit card online or by check. Some who entered the contests/critiques aren’t members and will be getting requests for payment soon.
- However, DON’T send the check to pay for the convention yet. Just fill out the form. When we had to cancel the 2020 convention, refunds to those who had already paid were very complicated to process through the university system. You can bring your payment April 22. That’s just fine. We are confident this will be able to run as planned — but, if we’ve learned anything in the last two years, it’s that nothing is for sure.
- Now simply fill out this registration form and let us know how many are coming from your school.
QUESTIONS? email Candace Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org