- Andrea Madding – I am a Senior at Lakota East High School in Cincinnati, OH. I am the co-editor of both of the Culture and Broadcasting sections in Spark, our school magazine. This is my second year on the OSMA Student Board and I am excited to have an opportunity to be a part of this group! I love journalism and spending time getting to know stories and learning more about my community. I spend my free time golfing for our school and participating in many clubs and groups such as Hope Squad, Hawk Ambassadors, Communications officer of National Honors Society, and Drama Club. I enjoy keeping myself busy and meeting as many new people as possible.
Taylor Noe – I am a junior at Glenoak High School in Canton, Ohio. I am currently one of two photography editors for our school news magazine, The Eagle, under my advisor Anglea Spano. This is my first year being on the OSMA board, and I am very excited for what’s to come! Outside of writing I spend my time playing lacrosse, participating in marching and concert band, where I play the baritone/euphonium, and being an officer of my school’s Key Club. Outside of school I spend my time working, and being with my friends and family. I am glad to be a part of the board and cannot wait to see what the future holds!
- Kosta Volas – I am a senior at Hoover High School in North Canton, Ohio. Currently, I am the Editor in Chief of The Viking Views magazine, under the advisory of Mrs. Rachelle Ogilvie. Also, I work on the school broadcast news team, NCtv News. Outside of journalism, I am heavily involved with extracurricular activities at Hoover. I am currently serving as Class president and the president of our school’s NHS chapter. In addition, I participate in choir and theater inside and outside of school, along with running cross country, participating in Speech and Debate, and doing Greek Folk Dance. This is my second year on the OSMA student board, and I am extremely excited as well as being humbled to serve on the board.
- Riley Grosnickle – Currently, I am a junior at Lakota East Highschool in Butler County, Ohio. For the upcoming 2022-2023 school year I will be the graphics editor for Lakota East’s publication, SPARK. This will be my first year participating as a member on the OSMA board. Inside and outside of school, aside from participating in journalism, I also help run our school’s art club and enjoy working whenever I get a chance at my current job as a waitress! I absolutely adore writing of any sort and write with the majority of my free time if I am not caught chatting with others or reading a book.
- Ava Huening– I am a junior at Lakota East High School in Cincinnati, Ohio. Currently, I am one of the editors for the package section of our school’s magazine, Spark. This will be my first year serving on the OSMA Student Board. Outside of journalism, I am an active member of my school’s Spanish Club and Winterguard team. In my spare time I also enjoy activities such as reading, painting, gardening, and baking. During the summer months I enjoy my job working at a local ice cream shop. I am honored to be apart of the student board and looking forward to what this year will bring!
- Audrey Allen – I am a senior at Lakota East High School in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am one of the Editor-in-Chiefs and Business Manager of our paper, Spark. This is my second year on the OSMA Student Board. I am looking forward to meeting new people and learning more about journalism. I have been cheering for 4 years for my school and dancing for 3 years on my school’s dance team. Outside of school I work at the YMCA as a Child Care Helper. I love to read and be creative. I plan to go into a career in marketing and journalism. I am honored to serve on the board and hope to connect the Student Board and the Adult Board.
- Maddie Donabauer – I am a junior at Centerburg High School in Centerburg, Ohio. I am currently serving as Media Editor for my school newspaper the Trojan Crier and run our news show Prier Crier. This is my first year serving on the OSMA board and I am excited to get to work with my fellow members. Outside of journalism I sing with the Columbus Children’s Choir, and I am involved in marching band, theatre, Quiz bowl, student council, and Spanish club.
- Rachel Gortney – I’m a junior at GlenOak High School in Canton Ohio! I’m the social media manager for The Eagle. This is my first year serving on the OSMA board and I’m so excited to be able to meet and work with so many talented journalists! Outside of journalism, I’m on my schools speech team and recently went to states for United States Extemporaneous speaking. I’m on the academic challenge team, I’m also in Ohio Model United Nations, French Club, and I’m highly involved at my church’s student ministries! I love to read and am the biggest John Green & Taylor Swift fan!
- Lucy Shaffer – I’m a junior attending GlenOak High School in Canton Ohio. I am a design editor and a part of the broadcasting team for our high school newspaper, The Eagle. This is my first year serving on the OSMA board and I am so excited to take part in this opportunity! Also at school I am the feature twirler for our high school marching band and compete in the sport of baton twirling! In my spare time I love to read and spend time with my two golden retrievers!