- Broadcast News: maximum of 4 students per school, all part of one team. Students will shoot and edit video using their own video equipment. Computers with Premier, Final Cut Pro and iMovie are available, or students can bring their own laptops.
- Maestro Team: maximum of 4 students per school, all part of one team. Students will learn a bit about the maestro team concept and work together to plan coverage of an in-depth topic. Judges will critique your work on site.
- Commentary: limit of 1 student per school. Students will write a commentary/opinion article on a prompt/topic provided that day.
- News Interview: limit of 1 student per school. Students will write a news story on the given topic/situation.
- Photography Scavenger Hunt: limit of 1 student per school. Students will shoot photos from around the conference/campus with their own cameras. Be sure to bring an appropriate card reader. Mac computers will be available.
- Yearbook Page Design Team: a team of 2 students per school. Students be provided with elements they they need to create a yearbook spread. InDesign will be used.
- Newspaper Design: limit 1 student per school. Students will design a page in newspaper format. InDesign will be used.Newsmagazine Design: limit 1 student per school. Students will design a page in newsmagazine format. InDesign will be used.
- Editors’ Team Challenge: In teams of 2-4, students will create a 4-page publication on a tight deadline. They must create the publication from scratch and are being judged on more than the design. Rather, judges will look at the written content of the publication (stories, headlines, cutlines, etc.), the visual content, and the news judgment skills of the team of editors. For newspaper/newsmagazine or yearbook students.
*Entry form for Day-of Contest is HERE! Reserve your spot.